Code of conduct
SaSamba is community-based organisation. By joining SaSamba, our members agree to the following behavioural standards.
All members and guests of SaSamba must:
- ensure SaSamba is not brought into disrepute through their conduct
- respect others’ right to learn in a friendly, courteous and encouraging environment
- treat our members and guests with courtesy, dignity and respect.
We will not tolerate:
- expressions of bigotry, hatred or harassment
- inappropriate behaviour
- threatening, abusive, defamatory or offensive comments.
We encourage participation by children. Parents and guardians must maintain responsibility for their children at all times.
Code of ethics
Our members will:
- avoid conflicts of interest, and appropriately handle any actual or perceived conflicts of interest
- comply with all applicable Australian, state and local laws and regulations
- enter into financial relationships with SaSamba only with the approval of the committee
- protect SaSamba’s clients’ privacy
- pursue the fulfilment of SaSamba’s mission and promote its values.
Additionally, SaSamba’s committee members will:
- be responsible, transparent and accountable in all transactions and dealings
- communicate the significance of SaSamba’s mission and culture to members, stakeholders and the community as appropriate
- ensure that SaSamba meets its legal and financial obligations
- fulfil the requirements of committee positions by exercising independent judgement, participating in meetings and carrying out assigned duties
- maintain the information, skills and qualifications needed to oversee SaSamba’s affairs effectively
- manage risks effectively
- observe SaSamba’s constitution and its policies.