The global samba community promotes a social, inclusive and welcoming environment.
We love performing with our spectacular samba dancing friends here in Adelaide!
- Brazilian Dance Fusion is an entertainment company providing Brazilian entertainment and floorshows.
- Danca Brazil Entertainment provides Brazilian samba and other Latin American dance classes and entertainment.
- The Dance Pad offers a variety of cultural and street dance styles with a strong emphasis on technique.
- La Bomba Productions produces lively Latin events and provides Latin dance tuition.
- Las Chicas Bomba is a samba showgirls dance troupe.
- Latino Grooves Dance Studio provides Latin dance classes, events and entertainment.
- Soul Sambistas produces samba community, classes and creative collaborations.
- Zambabem Traditional Brazilian Dances teaches traditional Brazilian dance classes and workshops.
If you’re on the road or on the lookout for amazing samba percussion, please drop in on our sister samba schools throughout Australia and NZ.
ACT and NSW
- Batala Byron Bay is the Byron Bay chapter of a world-wide Afro-Brazilian group that plays samba reggae.
- Bateria 61 Grupo De Samba plays batucada, samba reggae and other styles in Sydney.
- Maracatu Ubuntu is an Afro-Latin band in Redfern, playing bossa, samba, choro and originals.
- Raio de Sol Canberra Community Samba Band brings the Brazilian rhythms of samba to the ACT.
- Samba Trombada is a community drumming group based in the Blue Mountains, playing Carnaval samba.
- Sambafrog is a Newcastle bateria, dance and percussion company with a passion for sharing the energy, excitement and spectacle of Carnaval.
- Unidos de Sydney is a Sydney-based samba community where people get together to play, sing, dance and perform Brazilian samba.
- Western Sydney Samba is a community samba group in Parramatta.
- Baque Australis is a samba group in West End, Brisbane, based on the styles of Recife’s Estrelha Brilhante Maracatu band.
- Bay Samba is a Carnaval street drumming group based in the Redlands and performing throughout the area at various events and festivals.
- Townsville Drum Collective is a group of local Townsville people exploring the rhythms of Brazil!
- Unidos de Brisbane unites Brisbanites who are passionate about Brazilian culture and Brazilians living in Brisbane to create a united society.
- Bloco 3K is Melbourne’s premier samba bateria, bringing the sound of Brazilian Carnaval to Australia.
- Maracatu Estrela Do Mar provides percussion and music classes in Melbourne, in the style of Maracatu de Baque Virado.
- O’Ziriguidum Samba School is a samba school performing at various festivals, community events and private gigs around Melbourne.
- Bassonovas is a Carnaval samba percussion group based in Bassendean.
- Bloco do Norte is a Brazilian-style street drumming samba school in Joondalup.
- Sambanistas is Perth’s premier samba drumming and dance collective.
- WA Samba is a community-driven samba drumming school with groups in Fremantle and Broome.
- AK Samba fuses samba, samba reggae, coco and baião with drum and bass, hip-hop and other dance influences in Auckland.
- Bay Batucada is all about creating infectious South American percussion-based rhythms in Hawkes Bay, Napier.
- Christchurch Samba is a community samba band based at the Christchurch School of Music.
- Nelson Sambassadors is a samba-inspired group based in Nelson, teaching and performing percussion and dance.
- Samba Ao Vento is Palmerston North’s Brazilian percussion group playing samba batucada and other musical styles.
- Sambatron is a community band bringing the love of samba to the streets of Hamilton.
- Tauranga Samba is a Brazilian drumming group that performs regularly throughout the North Island.
- Wellington Batucada is a community-based percussion group bringing the flamboyant world of samba from Brazil to Wellington.
SaSamba is extremely grateful for the support it receives from the following organisations and agencies.
- The Brazilian Association of South Australia assists Brazilian migrants to integrate to Australian culture whilst maintaining their cultural heritage.
- The City of Adelaide supports our events and activities including the Samba Social Club. Adelaide is now the world’s tenth most liveable city.
- The City of Unley hosts our rehearsal venue, and is recognised for its community spirit, natural and built environment, business strength and innovative leadership.
- Multicultural Affairs is the agency responsible for the promotion of cultural diversity in South Australia, and host of Adelaide’s annual Multicultural Festival.
- Nexus Arts promotes and celebrates cultural diversity and supports culturally and linguistically diverse artists with development programs in South Australia.
- Sambatuka is a Brazilian samba and batucada ensemble, based in Adelaide.
- Unidos da Cacatua is a collective of samba musicians from Australia and New Zealand.
SaSamba proudly participates in many community events.
- Adelaide Fringe is the largest arts festival in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Adelaide Latin American Film Festival is an annual festival featuring the best of contemporary film from Latin America.
- Feast Festival is Adelaide’s LGBTI Queer Arts and Cultural Festival, celebrating Pride and diversity.
- The Glenelg Street Party in Jetty Road celebrates food, shopping, fashion, roaming entertainment and live music.
- The Great Victorian Bike Ride is a fun, friendly and challenging holiday where you’ll join new and old friends riding through Victoria’s beautiful countryside.
- The Multicultural Festival is a free event that showcases up to 50 cultures, celebrating cultural music, dance, heritage, arts and crafts and culinary delights as community groups bring their culture to the big stage.
- The National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant is the largest Christmas pageant in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Touriffic Prospect celebrates the annual Tour Down Under on Prospect Road, a vibrant main street that hosts more than 15,000 people at South Australia’s best street party.